Regardless if you’re a professional landscaping contractor, a homeowner, or operating a construction business, you’ll most likely come across a project that may need the use of bobcat services. This kind of equipment can be used in many different ways, making it easier to work with manual labor that is difficult or even almost impossible to do.
There are a lot of reasons why you may want to opt for a bobcat rental. The good news here is that when you rent such machinery from known and trusted companies, you can guarantee that the equipment comes with a pro equipment operator to make sure that your job is handled safely and properly. Listed below are a few ways where bobcat rentals can be useful:
- Unloading of materials – materials can be moved to the desired location and then unloaded as needed.
- Debris clearing – Use bobcat rental for removal purposes of clean-ups, to carry debris easily after land clearing, etc.
- Other clearings – regardless if you have to remove sand, dirt, and snow, this equipment can help complete the job.
- Landscape removal – Debris, bushes, trees, and dirt can be eliminated from land in anticipation of a construction or landscaping project.
- Clean-ups – construction and landscaping debris can be deposited and cleaned up in trash containers or transported to a different location.
- Trenching – a bobcat can create trenching for electrical and water lines, drainage systems, and irrigation systems.
- Leveling – for construction and landscaping projects, a bobcat can level the ground just like what you desire.
- Grading – the terrain can be graded by dragging and moving materials from one place to another.
- Back-filling – for leveling and grading purposes, dirt can be back-filled.
- Digging – holes can be dug for fencing, pools, posts, landscaping, and footing.
- Excavation – the ground can be excavated for installation of swimming pools or foundations, removal of hillsides, leveling, etc.
Here are a few projects where bobcat rentals can be required:
- Holes and ditches – these can be dug and excavated in any depth and size to back up a construction or landscaping project.
- Drainage and sewer systems – trenches can be dug and land can be excavated to lay pipework for drainage and sewer systems.
- Landscaping – from grading and digging to breaking up patios or removing trees, bobcat services can be a vital part of any landscaping project.
- Asphalt and concrete – areas of asphalt and concrete can be removed and broken up, such as roadways, driveways, walkways, and patios.
- Sheds – old sheds can be eliminated and transported away. New sheds can be installed and land can be graded all over the structure.
- Driveways – old driveways can be removed and broken up if needed. Land can be leveled and graded for the new driveway’s installation.
- Retaining walls – materials can be moved into place and ground can be excavated for the building of retaining walls.
- Pools – pool area’s surrounding ground can be graded and leveled for hardscaping and landscaping projects and the ground can be excavated for an in-ground swimming pool’s excavation.
- Foundations – backfilling, grading, digging, and excavation help in the construction of foundations.
Skid steers, also known as bobcats, can assist you with various tasks. Listed below are some of the jobs that you can efficiently complete with the help of a skid steer:
Bobcats can be very useful for farm work since they can be used for tilling, transport materials, agricultural tools, etc., and clean out stables and barns using bucket attachment. You can also invest in a bale attachment for you to easily transport bales of hay.
Perhaps you’ll be astonished to know that skid steers can also be used for mowing. You can also cut down different types of growth like tall grasses to clear an area efficiently with the help of a rotary brush cutter. You can also cut down a few smaller trees. Since this equipment is zero-turn, they provide the accuracy that you need for mowing but with greater abilities that a typical riding mower can’t do.
A bobcat can help you carry materials and equipment all over the job site if you use a bucket attachment. When you plan on lifting materials, you may want to think about using a vertical lift instead of a radial lift bobcat because such models can achieve a higher reach and lift heavier loads.
Backfilling and grading
With the help of a skid steer, you can level out the ground, fill in holes, and aerate it as well. These tasks can be done using a bucket. However, a grading bar or attachment works even better if you’re leveling. These attachments also enable the operators to pick up rocks while leveling the ground without leaving behind big trenches. If you’re working with a task done beneath the ground, a radial lift skid steer would be best used instead of a vertical lift.
Trenching, digging and excavating
Skid steers are best used for earthmoving tasks like excavating, trenching, and digging. There are different types of attachments you can utilize for such jobs, according to your particular needs. Some of these attachments include a wheel saw, auger, and backhoe. With the correct attachment, a bobcat will be able to dig anything from an entire foundation for a building to make the portholes narrow.
Debris and snow removal
Your skid steer’s bucket attachment can be utilized to clear other debris and snow, such as a brush. Moreover, you can get a snow blade or snowblower attachment when you utilize your bobcat for major snow removal.
Skid steers can do maintenance tasks and road building as well. You can attach a pavement miller or cement mixer to your bobcat and utilize some attachments for jobs such as patching, paving, grading, patching, and demolition.
A skid steers work great for both exterior and interior demolition projects. Your skid steer can assist you in demolishing drywall, concrete, flooring, and other materials by using demolition shears. Due to its precision and compact size, a bobcat can particularly be helpful for demolition projects in tight areas, like if you are tearing down property in a neighborhood with other homes in close proximity.
Excavating land areas and lifting lands are part of the day-to-day routine of the construction industry. Because of this industry’s nature of work, using a bobcat can be one of the most beneficial machinery that can help valuable time.
WHAT IS BOBCAT?
Bobcat, which is also recognized as a skid-steer loader, is typically utilized in both the construction and agriculture industries. This equipment can sometimes be used as a substitute for huge excavators in particular areas of work. The skid steer loader is among the most versatile equipment since it composes multiple attachments that can change your bobcat into the machine you need. Because of this, it’s only reasonable to know the advantages you can get by using bobcat services.
BENEFITS OF BOBCAT
Save Time and Money
Companies are now considering hiring bobcats to save money since this equipment is an extremely versatile machinery piece that can deal with different project types with the right attachment efficiently. You’ll be able to save money if you hire bobcats since they can offer you an all-in-one machine. All in all, using bobcat machinery can help you save money and time.
Complete More Jobs
If you have a bobcat, you’ll be able to finish a multitude of the project in time with the help of the different accessible attachment. As a result, this will enable those equipment contractors the capability to take on more jobs offered to them since bobcat can help them complete the project efficiently, given that they have attached them completely
Economy of Space
One of the main appealing factors that bobcats have is the power and size that they can harness while utilizing the machine. Such benefits enable such equipment to be an important addition to any contracting or construction job. A backhoe will have difficulty accessing hard-to-reach areas. But with bobcats, you can easily finish any task even in limited space. Moreover, the bobcat can help run the project on time since it won’t be hard to interchange the machines out.
As soon as you employ a machine for the first time, particularly a skid steer loader, you need to check whether the equipment is durable and can endure any project that’s given to it. One of the several advantages you can have using a bobcat is that it has a protective cage that enables the operator to feel secured while using it. The metal frame that forms the silhouette is durable enough to withstand any challenging job that needs to be completed.
A bobcat is considered one of the most versatile machines that are widely used in both the agricultural and construction industries. The versatility of the attachments that bobcats have is what makes them very appealing to many. Such attachments enable several jobs to be done efficiently by only using this machinery. Since its attachments range from pallet forks to mulchers to skid hoes to even buckets, the bobcat will be able to deal with all projects accordingly.
Moisture problems and water damage might happen anytime if precipitation and heavy rain flow towards your house. In addition to that, poor drainage can also result in one of the worst nightmares a homeowner can have – heavy flooding.
Because of this, it is crucial that you grade your yard properly right away. This process will help you achieve proper drainage.
Today, we’re going to share with you some tips on how to properly grade your yard. If you don’t know how to use a final grading calculator, you can always hire a professional grading company.
Grading or leveling the yard in your house needs quite an extensive amount of labor. You’ve got to ensure you call a professional if you are not experienced or skilled enough to do it.
Check and Plan for Possible Issues
You should conduct a complete assessment and planning of your yard and home before you proceed with the project.
- Order the right amount of dirt. It is a lot better to order in bulk since you may require more during the process.
- Recognize the closest drainage area in your property that you would like the water to flow.
- Make utility lines such as electric, telephone, gas, and water lines. These marks will stop you from hitting them during the process of digging.
- Examine every pipe and create window wells for basement windows.
- Refer to the guidelines of digging in your local area. Then, get the required permits.
Look for the Low and High Points
As you walk around and check your property, you can mark, measure, and determine the lowest and highest points in your lawn. This will help you understand how much slope you’ve got.
There are a couple of reminders you’ve got to keep in mind when marking the low and high points.
- The maximum slope of a lawn needs to be 12 inches for every 4 feet.
- The ground needs to slope away from the foundation of your house in every direction. It should drop at least 2-3 inches for every 10 feet.
Figure Out the Level Grade Line
After you have marked the low and high points, you’ve got to establish the level grade line. This will help you understand how much leveling job you’ve got to perform. The level grade line consists of the vertical distance and horizontal distance.
To get the vertical distance, you’ve got to measure the stake at your lowest point all the way from the string to the ground.
When it comes to horizontal distance, you can measure it by placing a single stake at every lowest and highest point. Connect the two stakes using a string at a perfect level. Next, measure it.
Fill Dirt at the Low Point
Next, use the dirt that you’ve got. Fill the piles of dirt using a wheelbarrow. Make sure you fill the low points.
The objective here is to stop water from infiltrating your home. Thus, you’ve got to ensure you fill dirt against the foundation and taller than the slope. Use a rake to smooth and level the ground.
One of the most useful business decisions you can make is to rent a skid steer. You might only require it for a short period. Thus, buying the equipment will not be practical. Or, perhaps your company has a tight budget and it isn’t an excellent time to buy one yet. However, you still need one.
There are a lot of cases where a rental skid steer can be the best approach. If you find yourself in need of a skid steer, we can help you. Today, we’re going to share with you some tips on how to hire a skid steer and Bobcat Calgary rental company.
Choose What Attachments to Get
Skid steers can be compatible with a variety of attachments. These attachments can be anything, from an auger to a stump grinder. They enhance the skid steer’s versatility. This enables you to address a huge range of tasks. Consider what attachment you want and make sure the rental skid steer is compatible with those attachments.
Think About the Comfort of the Rider
The comfort of the rider might appear like a luxury. However, it influences productivity. An operator who isn’t comfortable will have a more difficult time staying focused and obtaining a high work output. If you invest in comfortable features, you should expect the productivity of the rider to increase.
For instance, advanced suspensions can help achieve a smooth riding experience even if you’re driving the skid steer on a rough road. Another feature to consider is AC or heater inside a closed cab. You will want to invest more in operator comfort features if you will be using the rental skid steer for a lot of days or for a long period every day.
Consider the Optimal Lifting Capacity
The capacity for lifting also plays a huge part in how well the skid steer rental fits your needs. For instance, a huge capacity will be more than 2000 pounds while a small capacity will be less than 1,500 pounds. The lifting capacity is associated with the power performance because it relates to the bucket strength and boom of the skid steer.
The material you are going to handle will affect the lifting capacity you will require. For instance, a couple of materials need a huge lifting capacity. It does not matter if you do not have to lift the load to a huge height.
Narrow Your Search Based on Size
The skid steer’s size will play a huge part in how well it fits the project. The bigger the equipment, the stronger it will be in general.
Of course, you will have to look for a balance. You shouldn’t choose something that is too big since you’ll just waste money. Aside from that, it may not fit into the site.
Know the Needs of Your Project
You should consider the relevant factors of your project. This includes your budget, the size of your worksite, and the material you will be handling. Knowing these crucial factors early on will make it simpler for you to look for a rental skid steer.